Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Siltanen Brunch

I had brunch on Sunday at Cafe Siltanen on Hameentie 13 with some of the girls. There are a lot of brunch places in Helsinki, some better than others. Many aren't open on Sunday either, as my friend S and I found out last time. Another place I like for brunch, Belly isn't open on Sundays, nor is Eckberg. Siltanen is a hip little place with a DJ even for brunch (though we were decidedly unimpressed, I did like the Finnsh covers of several funk and soul greats)
The difference between Siltanen and some of the other brunch places is that it's not a buffet, but they plate everything you could want and it's more than enough. There are two options, the Berlin or the Buddha. Guess which one I took? The Berlin came with some meatwurst and Bratwurst, though my German and Austrian friends were a bit bemused by the claim that it was Bratwurst. But it didn't matter, they liked it anyway. The Buddha option came with a spicy cous cous with roasted eggplant instead.
They all came with salad greens, tomatoes, cheese, a croissant, jelly, butter, a boiled egg, yogurt with berries and honey and your choice of coffee or tea (refilled for free upon request).
I would recommend this to my Brunch club friends, though I might say to get there early to get a seat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment