Friday, May 14, 2010

Easy Chocolate Cake

When ice cream just isn't enough, but you don't have enough time for a fancy dessert, this is one of the easiest cakes you can whip up and it requires only ingredients that you're more than likely to already have laying around- Hence, why I made this cake.
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tbs vanilla sugar
1 cup vegetable or grapeseed oil
2 cups water
1 tbs vinegar

1. Preheat the oven to 175C. Grease a cake tin and lightly dust with flour.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together first.
3. Mix in the wet ingredients, make sure to de-lumpify as best possible.
4. Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife/toothpick stuck in comes out clean.

Normally I'd like to make some kind of easy fondant or other icing to go with this cake. But that requires both time and ingredients, which for this I didn't have. But if you have ice cream, which I always do, then it goes perfectly with this cake. For my friends and I, the cake came out of the oven minutes before it was time to eat dessert. The contrast of the cold ice cream and warm cake really hit the spot. I'm still amazed at baking things without yeast or eggs....




No comments:

Post a Comment