Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Easy Salsa

Cinco de Mayo is upon us. Ok so this is aparently a holiday only celebrated in the US even though it commemorates the victory of the Mexicans over the French at the battle of La Pueblo on this day in 1862. I'm always cheering for the underdogs (though the Orioles' losing streak is getting a little old), and I can't say I'm anti-France (although I should be making my own 'freedom fries' soon), but hey, go Mexico!
Thanks for giving us another random holiday to excuse getting drunk on a weeknight. And with tequila no less! Arriba!
Nevermind that it's snowing in Helsinki today- I may need to ease up on the drinking, after a long Vappu weekend, so instead of posting a recipe for the perfect margherita, here's some salsa for ya :)

2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 red onion, diced finely
a handful of fresh coriander
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

I just combined all these ingredients in a dish and left in the refridgerator over night to marinate. I'll probably be making some quesadillas to go with since nothing will stop me from finding an excuse to melt some cheese :)

No comments:

Post a Comment