Thursday, August 26, 2010

Autumn Abundance Fiesta Pasta

Lately some really colorful seasonal vegetables have been abundantly harvested and affordable in larger quantities. I have been on a bell pepper kick right now, along with zucchini and tomatoes. With a little leftover pasta, I pan fried some red onion, yellow bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, whole, sliced carrots (leftover from the julienne vegetables of sushi making) chick peas and capers. I tossed all this together with a little olive oil, oregano, and red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and this really hit the spot. Fresh, a lot of nutrients from different vegetables, and filling. In this one-serving dish, I used a little leftover pasta from the night before, and it was just enough to fool me into thinking I was having a big meal, when most of what I was eating was vegetables. It didn't weigh me down at all and I felt great afterwards ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment