Friday, April 15, 2011

Guilty Pleasures Salad

Pssst! Want to know the real reason I couldn't remain a vegetarian? I.love.bacon.

I also love blue cheese and salads and dijon mustard. Truly some of my favorite things. That's why this combination makes a killer salad. A salad so good, it serves as a main course. A salad so good, it deserves a blog post. 

So simple: fry up some bacon and drain it on paper towels, or use some leftover bacon. Throw together some chopped lettuce (I used ice-berg and ruccola) and tomatoes, chunks of blue cheese and add the bacon once it has cooled a bit. For the dressing, use some of the bacon fat, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper, a heaping tablespoon of mustard (yellow or dijon) and a tablespoon of apple cider or white wine vinegar and whisk together.

No comments:

Post a Comment