Friday, February 19, 2010

Bok Choy Tofu Stir Fry


A little inspired from my recent trip to Aseanic Trading, near Hakaniemi on Kolmaslinja 3, I decided to whip up this quick and easy dinner for one.

Although the ingredients could be modified, I simply used these:
1 onion, diced
3 heads of bok choy, quartered
2 cloves garlic, diced
2 tbs peanut oil
1/3 block of firm tofu, cubed
3 tbs soy sauce
bunch of fresh basil leaves
1 tbs oyster sauce (optional)

  1. I first sauteed onion and garlic in the peanut oil until softened and aromatic.
  2. I then added the tofu and let it brown, 5 minutes.
  3. Next, add the bottoms of the bok choy, soy sauce and oyster sauce and let soften, 5 minutes.
  4. Lastly, I added the tops of the bok choy, since these are more leafy and take less time to soften, and the basil and left on the skillet still just long enough to warm through.
All together the result is a heaping pile of warm, tasty tofu for one. This is an extremely good, fast, and low-carb but filling dinner if you just want to chow down without feeling guilty afterwards. Also consider adding sliced or diced carrots, bamboo shoots, watercress, or any other vegetable you have on hand. Can be served over rice, udon, raman or other noodles, or plain, as I have eaten it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment